This is my review of the Sony MDR-270LP Headphones.
Before we begin, let me start by saying, my reviews are not sugarcoated or influenced. I tell you like it is because I don’t want people to buy a product that has gotten false reviews.
I love reading good, genuine reviews that give you the information you need when deciding on a product.
So lets begin with one of the most important factors when purchasing headphones, price. I picked these up for $20 at Wal-Mart. The price for these is spectacular, as you are getting an amazing product.
These headphones are, in my opinion, the best over ear headphones for $20 on the market. Its hard to find good headphones for a decent price.
These headphones exceeded my expectations for performance when I bought them. I expected them to be alright, and nothing special, but I was completely wrong.
They have amazing sound, but the sound leaks, which is to be expected from headphones without the ear covers. Keep in mind that these are meant to be stylish headphones. The sounds is crystal clear and does not have any static, scratching, or screeching, even when moving the jack around while in your computer or music player. These headphones even have bass, which surprised me.
Back to the sound leak. They DO leak sound, but Its not terrible unless your blaring them. The headphones are not like the other headphones that have the foam padding around the speakers to reduce the sound leak and improve bass, so don’t expect them to keep in sound as much.
This is my rating for the Sony MDR-270LP Headphones. The ratings are based on a scale of 1 to 5, with 1 being horrible, and 5 being perfect:
- Overall Rating – 4.5. I gave the overall rating a 5 because even though there are some problems with these headphones, their to minor to give it a bad rating.
- Performance – 4.5. The performance of the headphones is very, very good, exceeding my expectations. I give it a 4.5 because of the sound leakage.
- Design – 5. The design of these headphones is spectacular. They are lightweight and very nice looking.
- Reliability – 5. The reliability of these headphones are good, as long as you take care of them. If you abuse headphones, they will cease to perform well.
- Value – 5. For the price of these headphones, they cant be beat. The value is through the roof.
So that was my review. If you are thinking about buying these headphones, I hope I helped you in your decision. Thanks for reading, and God Bless!